Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Lord Of The Rings book blog




1) Are the charecters realistic (could they seem like they could be real people) why or why not.

           Surprisingly, all the characters I have met so far have been quite realistic and sane. Even though most of the characters are Hobbits and mystical creatures, they all have a human-like persona. For instance, Hobbits are known for their innocent, pure, and lovable souls. However, it wouldn’t stop them from saying rumors, gossip and having naughty behavior (such as getting drunk or being possessive). Bilbo Baggins would often be the subject of a conversation due to his surprising disappearance and unexpected return to the Hobbits shire. It would also be because of his wealth and “peculiar” self. In addition, seven kings, each from different realms, the former Hobbit Gollum, and nearly Bilbo Baggins were all corrupted by the intoxicating Rings. When these characters were the possessor of the ring, it made them believe they were powerful and more superior. This caused them to be selfish and possessive over the One Ring. The human instinct would be to treasure the Ring because it makes them feel mighty and worthy of themselves. Which was exactly what they all did, until the ring was lost and found a new holder.

2) Describe the similarities and differences between the main character and you.

          I and Frodo Baggins have some similarities and differences. For instance, if I was put in the same situation as Frodo was by Gandalf (which was to destroy the ring) I would have been terrified and surprised to face this quest. Mostly because I enjoy staying in a place that is safe and I wouldn’t be comfortable being put in a life-threatening situation. I would also be confused on why was I chosen to be the protagonist of a very dangerous quest. Frodo reacted the same way I would have if I was in his shoes. The way how Frodo treats Pippin and Meriadoc throughout the beginning of the quest he was serious. I on the other hand would have been humored and brightened due to the cousins clumsy and playful self, despite the aghast situation I was put in.

3) do you like what your reading? Why or why not.

          So far, I am really enjoying the book. This is because the story itself is so interesting and explicitly explained, you can clearly imagine everything that’s going on. I also love it because it’s absolute fantasy and has a wide variety of alfheim-like references that remind me of the renaissance times and fairy tales. Also, the characters seem like people you’ll actually now in real life, which would cause readers like me to be very caring over a specific character. For example, my preferred character, Pippin is so lovable and unique it’ll be heartbreaking to hear if something life-threatening happened to him.

Posts I commented on-

1 comment: