Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Quarter 3 Reflection


 This quarter, I learned that in this world, happiness and hope can be easily taken away. But I have also learned we should always remain hopeful, because without hope, we have nothing. Maybe that was a bit exaggerated. But my point is that hope is one of most things that is essential to human life. In the holocaust unit, we saw people die because they no longer believed in mercy, their god. They’d died when they have given up, when they surrendered. Thanks to this unit, I realized the great significance in hope.

So far, I have seen major language development in my writing and speech. I have increased my vocabulary and learned how to fix my grammatical errors. Of course, I do sometimes lack in vocabulary due to my laziness; which is at times unacceptable. Like the quarters prior from then and now, we wrote and took assessments. These written assessments were not only exams, but was also a practice in our writing development. It made me a better writer in various ways. It made my writing more explicit, detailed, and well planned. I am rather proud of my growth in this area and wish to improve.

This quarter, I had a difficult time finding evidence to support my claim. When listening to the podcast Serial we had to think that the one who was convicted of the crime is either innocent or guilty. Since the beginning, I always thought that the convicted was guilty, and I still do. And that was the struggle. I did not only had to discuss with my table mates, but I also had to discuss with my friend who wants to prove his innocence. As a juror, I felt like my evidence was too weak. He could be innocent because of its weakness. But like the stubborn I am, I am going with my heart. I am not sure on how I can really improve on this, but I think manage.

Note:
I apologize for this reflection being really vague. 


No comments:

Post a Comment