Monday, April 15, 2019

Slice Of Life #6 - Family Responsibilities

I grew up in a cultural family. Like I said in a post before, my parents are from the isolated country of Bolivia. Of course, I do also originate from India, but that's a different story. Next year, I turn fifteen. And no, we don't do quinceaneras; that is a different culture. My parents today mentioned the great fifteen. They plan for me to go to Bolivia independently.

          So here’s the thing, my family would be considered the wealthy people of Bolivia. It consists of many responsibilities. Supposedly, I’ll go as in favor of my family name. When I go, I’ll meet my grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins for the first time. I will also make up for my household’s absence; I’ll be representing the, Aguila (pronounced Ā-hi-la) Garron residence in honour. Technically, I am just showing off to the little “frauds” of my family, like my mother’s sister and her children, who doesn't deserve the surname of Garron.

          Yeah, my mother's sister and her children are counted as frauds. There is only an exception to the eldest and sweetest child who has disabilities. For this reason, I am also quite afraid. They are rather the most serious but lovable people there are, said my mother once. But then again, I should question my mother at times. She was considering arranged marriages for the future.

          But I am also excited. Minus Bolivia's widespread human trafficking and witchcraft, it’ll be my first independent expedition. I’ll have a room to myself, a maid, chofer, and get assisted by zebras when crossing the streets!

Always and forever, Natalia Nicole A.

No comments:

Post a Comment