Sunday, April 28, 2019

Slice of Life #13 - A Privileged Rascal

         I grew up to be a pretty privileged child. This blog might seem like I’m bragging, but I swear I am not. Now that I think about it, I grew up to have things of the swellest quality. I was raised as a true spoiled brat. I got whatever I want, whenever I want. For instance, my closet is absolutely insane. I don't only have a lot of clothes, but they're of decent quality. I have leather-cheetah print- high heeled shoes by Coach New York. Most of my clothes are either Express, Ann Taylor, Eddie Bauer, GUESS, GAP, etc. Jeez, it even extends to my school uniform. My kahki pants are from GAP and costs about $60, and my sweater is from Loft Ann Taylor. But really, it's not that much. From what I see, everyone I know has thing of this nature. Like the other day, this girl had a Micheal Kors hand bag. I had a Micheal Kors jaket.  


          As a child, my toys were never from places like Walmart or Family Dollar. I lived in Berwyn, but I spent most of my days at Magnificent Mile in Chicago (mainly the Water Tower Place). All my toys were either from The Disney Store, The Lego Store, or American Girl. I’d say American Girl was my most spoiled and expensive toy. I have seven dolls and each cost about $120. Their outfits from what I remember were about 30 and the furniture was about 70. So I at least spent about $800 on my American Girl collection. All my other toys were from The Disney Store. I have tons of plushies and dolls from there. Back then, I remembered I was exposed with only two Barbie dolls. And they were just birthday presents from friends. My favorite toy was from Build-A-Bear and her name was Molly; she's a brown and white horse. She wears a Cinderella dress with pink cowgirl boots.


           My parents still kind of spoil me today. I was really influenced by that. I think that's a reason why I can't and don’t want to go to specific places as well. I hate to go to places like Cicero and North Riverside. I only go there when I'm obligated to. Honestly, it's probably because places like the North Riverside Mall and Cicero just don’t offer me what I need. That and there are disturbing things that happend at that mall. Though, I love the Costco from there. My parents raised me well. Many people call me a spoiled brat, and I know I am. I’m obviously not a Beverly Hills brat, but I’m certainly a Berwyn Brat. Though, at least I’m not as bad as my godsister.


Always and Forever, Natalie Nicole A.

No comments:

Post a Comment