Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Slice Of Life #8 - NataliE

Lately, I have been very confused about myself. I have been referred as Natalia all my life. Apparently, my name is not Natalia, my name is Natalie. Wow! What a big discovery, huh! Yeah, to other people, there is no difference whatsoever. But to me, it feels like everything around me is a lie. Like literally, one day i’m living in the city, but it was actually a farm, ot my mom’s name is Maria, but it's actually Mary, or something like that.

          The day I found out I was a Natalie, my mood was inexplicable. I regret going through my birth certificate, social security, ect. Reading throughout the name “Natalie Nicole Aguila” gave me the  heebie-jeebies. My parents seemed so neutral. They pretty much blew it off at the naming ceremony.

Always and forever, Natalie Nicole Aguila


No comments:

Post a Comment