Saturday, April 13, 2019

Slice Of Life #4 - Of God Sisters & Rivalry

The only biological family I have ever known are my parents and little sisters. Believe it or not, I have no relatives in Illinois whatsoever. I’ve never met my grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins; they are complete strangers. I have biological relatives in Beverly Hills, Malibu, Paris, Toronto, Florida, and Bolivia. I have heard a couple words from them, but that was all. It would be things like birthday, Christmas greetings or girl scout cookies orders. Other than that, there is no bond.

          Though, I have religious relatives. When I say religious relatives, I mean one godmother and three god sisters. Today, we dined with them. Godmother is very special. But really, I am just being nice. She's truly pleasant and sweet, but very self doubtful in the unhealthy matter. After all, I really can't blame her though. She had to face many moments of sorrow and fear. But her eldest daughter, my god sister, there is not much that I can say that is nice. She's quiet and smart; i’ll say that. I just dislike her way of being. She's about my age. We are only three months apart. I am older than her. We used to be good friends in fourth grade, but that is long behind us.

          Godmother is facing stress today and her daughter is not really cooperating. Her and my real mother had “best friend girl talk”, while I sat next to them eavesdropping and godsister listened to music on the other side. We gave each other a few deaths stares and that's it. At least she knows her grandparents. But I don't like them either. Once they asked me if I was on a diet because I didn't want to eat a Buona beef sandwich or whatever they're called.

Always and forever, Natalia Nicole A.

No comments:

Post a Comment